Help and support for when life feels difficult
My interest in psychology began many years ago and inspired me to study for a psychology, early childhood and health science degree. In particular I studied the physical, neurological and emotional development of infants and the developing adult.
Gaining my degree left me wondering how I could apply what I had learned. I found myself drawn to counselling training and spent the next three years training as a relationship counsellor with Relate.
After working and doing further training with Relate for a number of years, I once again turned to my interest in emotional development and working as a school counsellor with pupils aged 13 to 18.
Psychotherapy training was a natural progression for me. With my growing knowledge of infant attachment and developmental traumas I wanted to facilitate and support people to heal in ways that could free them from the limitations of the past and enhance their experience of life.
Since completing my training I have worked with individual adults, couples and children in a variety of organisations, beginning my private practice in 2012.
I worked for a while as assistant supervisor on the Gestalt psychotherapy training course.
I continue with ongoing study and professional develpment and have regular clinical supervision to support my work.
This is my commitment to you: I will use my knowledge, my training and my presence, to support you in your personal growth.
* I am a member of GPTI (Gestalt Psychotherapy Training Institute)and I work to their code of ethical practice.
* Am a registered member of BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy)
* Am a member of the Counselling directory (Counselling-directory.co.uk)
* Currently working towards accreditation with UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
* Am well supported by regular clinical supervision and ongoing training.
* Have full professional indemnity insurance